UPPER SCHOOL DAILY BULLETIN
Monday – May 21, 2018
8:00 – 9:05 Block B
9:05 – 9:35 MORNING MEETING
9:35 – 10:40 Block C
10:45 – 11:50 Block D
11:50 – 12:15 2nd FLEX
12:15 – 1:00 LUNCH
1:00 – 2:05 Block E
2:10 – 3:15 Block F
- ALL STUDY HALLS will meet in the LIBRARY for the remainder of the school year.
- ALL students: when you are cleaning out your lockers, please REMOVE the Boosters sports decals from the locker door. Go BUCS!
- Happy birthday to: Chinelo Afulukwe, Natalie Hong.
Grade Level Responsibilities:
- Composting Duty – TODAY: - 12:25 – 12:55 p.m.: Mr. Gawle & EAC.
- Junior Lunch Duty – TODAY – May 25, 2018 - Alex Xu (A & B), Stokes Yarbrough (C & D), Taylor Yarbrough (E & F), Romberg York (G & H), Sam Davis (I & J), Christine Gakenheimer(Lower School/Student Center).
- Senior Lounge Duty – TODAY – 5/25/18 – Stuart Windell, Reese Torstrick, Joshua Yellets.
College Guidance Events/Information:
- THIS EVENING, 7:00 p.m. - Brandies, Case Western Reserve, NYU, University of Rochester – Student/Parent Information Session at the Charlotte Marriott South Park, 2200 Rexford Road, Charlotte, 28211. Register: go.case.edu/portal/group
- Tuesday, May 22, 2018, 7:00 p.m. - Duke, Georgetown, Harvard, Penn, and Stanford - Student/Parent Information Session at Crowne Plaza Charlotte, Executive Park, 5700 Westpark Drive, Charlotte, 28217. Register: www.exploringcollegeoptions.org
- The Carolina School of Broadcasting is offering summer programs in broadcasting and digital media technology. Deadline June 22, 2018. For more information go to www.CSBradioTV.edu. Scholarships are available.
- Syracuse University Summer College – For rising juniors and seniors, this is a pre-college program for students at Syracuse U. For more information, go to summercollege.syr.edu/discover
- Varsity Cross Country team meeting on Tuesday, May 22, 2018, 11:50 a.m., in Pell 103. Coach Clark will present on the TeamBuildr app, which we will be using to deliver and track our strength & conditioning workouts this summer and fall. Please bring your completed summer calendars (pdf sent by Coach Niekras via e-mail).
- The Parents' Association will be collecting used textbooks for its annual sale in August. Collection dates are as follows: May 22: Seniors only, 10:00 – 12:00 p.m., Gazebo. ; May 29, 30 and 31: Grades 9 - 11. 10:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m., Gazebo.
- Faculty Lunch Duty – (5/21 – 5/25/18) – Kaoru Lan, Paul Murphy
- Faculty D-Hall Duty – (5/22 -5/24/18) – Meredith Green
NOTE: Announcements to be included in the Upper School Daily Bulletin should be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 12:00 noon for publication the next day. All announcements should be limited to 40 words or 260 characters and typed as you would like them to appear in the publication ... nothing handwritten or by phone will be accepted. Please note that the Editor retains the right to edit any announcement as needed. Thank you for your cooperation!